Why should you schedule a pelvic health Virtual Visit?
Virtual Visits, also known as Telehealth, is now an ideal and convenient option for many clients at Legacy Physical Therapy. There is no fighting traffic, arranging childcare, or taking time away from daily responsibilities to be seen in-person. Virtual Visits are a convenient way to take charge of your pelvic health.
Who are Virtual Visits for?
Video Visits are ideal for a variety of scenarios. Video Visits can be an exclusive way to get help with your pelvic health concerns. Here are some common reasons patients would chose Video Visits:
- Pregnancy pains (low back, neck, shoulder, pelvic)
- Prenatal and postpartum exercise concerns
- Painful sex
- Pelvic pain (Dyspareunia, Vulvodynia, Vaginismus, Pudendal Neuralgia)
- Pubic bone pain, SI joint or tailbone pain, low back or hip pain
- Bladder leakage, urinary urgency or frequency
Pelvic organ prolapse / pelvic heaviness/ feeling like something is falling out
- Diastasis recti abdominis (DRA) / abdominal wall muscle separation
- Pelvic floor muscle / core strengthening
- Preparing for Labor & Birth including vaginal, cesarean, VBAC
- Recovery from a vaginal or cesarean birth
Why Chose a Virtual Visit…
- Get questions answered so you can make decisions about your healthcare needs
- Out of convenience
- Wellness and prevention of pelvic health issues
- Check in monitoring to ensure you are getting the most out of your treatment plan
- Addressing questions and progressing your treatment plan
How a Virtual Visit works…
Your Virtual Visit sessions are performed via live video with a physical therapist similar to a call via FaceTime. All you need is an internet connection and a computer, laptop, tablet, or phone with camera and microphone. Simple as that!
During your visit you can expect …
- To start with a basic introduction where your physical therapist will ask you questions to get to know you better.
- You will then get a chance to share your story with your physical therapist and they will ask you some follow up questions.
- After that, your physical therapist will provide you support and guidance on what next steps you might benefit from. This might include …
- Exercises, coaching, changes to habits, etc.
- Education on your symptoms and answering of any questions you have
- Follow up recommendations which may include additional Virtual Visits, to be seen by a pelvic physical therapist in person, or referral to another healthcare provider
How much does it cost for a Virtual Visit?
We understand that some people want to find out a little more about the cost & availability of Virtual Visits before booking an appointment. If you want to know about our availability, then please just click the button above and complete the simple form.